Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tarta de Arándano

I recently found lemons and blueberries at the grocery store. I haven't seen lemons in months - plenty of limes, but no lemons - and I can't even remember the last time I saw blueberries. So I bought some and came back to the boat and made one of our favorite desserts ever: blueberry tarts.

These tarts are simple to make; an easy pastry crust, lemon curd, and fresh fruit, but they make an elegant presentation. They remind me of all our fun tea parties back Amongst The Oaks.

Not everyone brings tiny tart pans cruising, but I'm glad I brought mine.
You must whisk the lemon curd nonstop as it cooks....
and soon the lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, sugar, and eggs turn into a thick and tasty base for the fruit. Spoon it into the cooked pastry shells,
top with berries, and dust with powdered sugar. Voila, c'est magnifique.

1 comment:

Kim Bell said...

Pastry shells are easy???? I've never made a pastry shell in my LIFE! Sheesh. But, they do look mouthwatering.