Tuesday, September 10, 2013

There's No Such Thing As A 9" Dinner Plate

Have you ever tried to find 9" dinner plates? After Googling "9 inch dinner plates" I know I'm not the only one searching for them because I discovered there's a theory that using 9" plates will help you to lose weight. The trick is to find them!

We don't want 9" plates to lose weight, we want them because that's all that will fit in our tiny boat sink.
Here is a regular 10" dinner plate sitting on our sink. I've been using them on the boat, but washing them is a real pain. I have to put them in at a 45 degree angle, and rinsing them without slopping water all over the counter is difficult. If the spray nozzle worked it would be better, but it doesn't work. Just another thing to add to the list of repairs.

I've learned that 9" plates are considered luncheon plates, so I could get some of those. Or I could get plates at a restaurant supply place; they have all kinds of sizes. Or I could find oval plates. 

I have a few old oval restaurant plates and this one fits perfectly, but they are all different styles. However, I do like their toughness.

I'm not sure what we will do about dishes, but I'm leaning towards oval plates. Which means I have to go shopping at department stores which I don't enjoy. Maybe I can find some online and have them shipped to my doorstep. That would be much better.

No comments: