Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I Need To Learn To Say "No"

I don't even sew for myself anymore, so I don't know why I agreed to adjust these curtains for cousin Kim. I should have said "No".
First of all, they were so big I couldn't even lay them flat anywhere at the condo. I guess I could have removed all the furniture from the living room, but that would have been a little difficult.
Then the quality wasn't good, and that's always a dilemma when hemming curtains.
All my sewing stuff is back on the boat so I had to go buy thread and pins, and sharpen the one pair of scissors in the house.
Then I had to use a sewing machine with which I'm not familiar. That took me a while to figure it out, but luckily the manual was with it.
But it is a home duty machine, and stuffing all that fabric through the machine was a pain.

In the end I did get them trimmed and hemmed, but I really need to learn to say "No".

No comments: