Tuesday, August 29, 2017

My California Trip

My trip home from peaceful Maine, with its laid-back ways and rocking chairs at the airport was a little unsettling.
My younger daughter met me at the SFO Bart station and we rode into the city together. We popped out at the Civic Center Bart station. Trying not to touch anything or breathe in the smell of urine, we quickly took the stairs up to the equally filthy streets of downtown San Francisco and walked to her apartment. After all the clean, quaint New England towns I'd recently been in, it was a bit of a shock.

I arrived home the next day and was happy to see my older daughter, visit her Trader Joe's,  and begin caring for her. My first task was healthy home cooked meals.

Meanwhile, back in Rockland, the Captain was enjoying the Seven Seas Cruising Association Gam and the Maine Lobster Festival with friends.

No comments: