Saturday, February 20, 2016

Back to Jolly Harbour

We are done racing for a while so we sailed back to Jolly Harbour yesterday. I must admit sailing in such shallow water takes some getting used to. Here's our chart plotter showing our track and below shows the depth we were in.

You can also see a blue triangle on the chartplotter. That's another boat. That boat is anchored out there because she needs deeper water.

Here she is; isn't she gorgeous? Can you see that little bump out on the end of the main boom? That's a man; this boat is huge. I think it's Adix, 213' long, 13'-4" draft, scheduled to race in the Caribbean 600 which starts Monday.
I would LOVE to see this boat under sail. Hmmm, maybe another field trip is in order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a picture of that boat/ship? under sail. keep up the good pics. & writtings please and thank you.
love you guys J C F P.S. I am your brother