Friday, December 12, 2014

Chacala

We arrived here in Chacala Wednesday afternoon. After checking in with the Capitania de Puerto yesterday, we wandered over to a palapa on the beach and had a nice lunch of Camarones a la Diabla.

This morning we awoke to clouds and a large surge from the southwest. We had put out a stern anchor the night before so it was easy to let out a little more rode to keep our bow into the surge.
Because of the dreary weather we thought it would be a "stay at home" day and I made heuvos rancheros for breakfast.

Then I sewed a little project I've been wanting to do for a long time. We have these nice teak seats on the cockpit coaming and the stainless steel rails make a perfect backrest, but the rail starts hurting after a while. So I bought a pool noodle in La Paz and made two little backrests and covered them with Sunbrella.

This is the first time I've sewn anything in a lumpy anchorage, but it went okay and I'm glad I brought my sewing machine.

No comments: