Saturday, August 8, 2015

Desperate Measures

Back when we were in Panama City I bought a SIM card from Digicel to go in my dongle so I could have Internet. Things haven't worked out too well since we came through the canal, and it didn't always work, so I thought maybe if I put it in the iPad it would work better. The problem was that it was only cut to fit in the phone or the dongle. There is a third, smaller size available, but we are out here in the sticks where those are not available.
 
So the other day I got out my X-acto knife and a ruler and cut it down to fit in the iPad. I think I did a pretty good job and it acted like it was going to work, but it didn't. I finally took it to a Digical store in Colon where "Digicel Man" fixed it. He said it hadn't been set up for data from the beginning so it was just using all my minutes the first day and then would stop working. Anyway, he reset the SIM card and everything now works like it should. He couldn't even tell that I had cut it down to fit the iPad. I'm thinking having it in the iPad is better anyway. And if I want to I can still stick it in the dongle so it's all good.

No comments: