Wednesday, February 26, 2014

We Might Actually Be Retired...

After a year of trying (unsuccessfully) to sell our business, we had finally given up and figured we would just close it down and sell all the equipment. But last month another sign company here in town approached us about selling our assets and our name. So we worked out a nice deal and sold him the equipment, supplies, files, phone number, name, and website.

Then he realized that our facility was set up pretty nicely, so he made us an offer on the property too, which we accepted. They moved their digital printing department over here and we've been working together for the last two weeks to make the changeover.

We will stay on a while to help with customer relations and training, but I think we might actually be retired! I almost can't believe it. I've been in the sign industry for 40 years! It's been a good ride, but I don't think I'll miss it that much.

I think I'll go home and have a grapefruit martini.

No comments: