Monday, March 10, 2014

It's A Cushie Life

I think decorating a boat is a little harder than decorating a house because in a house you can easily repaint the walls or get new furniture. But here on the boat the walls are cherry so I'm stuck with that. The furniture is all cherry and built-in, so I can't change that. The settees are upholstered in light beige suede (done in Italy, I'm told) and it's in fine condition, so I'm keeping that. The hull is dark blue so I'm stuck with that color. And the boat is very traditional looking, so I'm stuck with that theme.

Here's what I ended up with for some new throw pillows. I also made two larger pillows that add a little more color. I think that bit of red in the larger pillows will be nicely complemented by an oriental style rug which we hope to find soon. We'll let you know when we find it.

No comments: